Wednesday 26 February 2014

Meet and Greet : Jackie from Jackie Jean

Haha! Fooled you! There is one last addition to my Meet and Greet series. I hope you have enjoyed reading about my friends. I reckon they are a pretty neat bunch. Last up, we have Jackie. She's my cousins wonderful fiancee and has recently started a beauty blog. Here we go!



Right, let's start with an easy one. What is the name of your blog?

And what do you do when you aren't blogging?
Apparently, not blogging is where it's at right now. I'm in my final year of my nursing degree and it is already hectic. Unlike most students I went back to university mid-January, and am already in my 4th week of shift work at Auckland hospital. So right now my life is totally summed up by either free labour at the hospital, time at university and then paid employment in the gaps. Occasionally I do get to see my cats and fiancé, although quite often it's when they're sleeping.

Why did you decide to start a blog?
I'm a total YouTube addict, and a long with most of their channels comes accompanying blogs, which I also read religiously. Also, a lot of people in my life don't care so much about my new lipstick, or about a crazy idea I had that day, and I’m not much for a journal so I decided to put it all online.

If you had to describe yourself in only three words, which words would you use?
Determined, Loyal and Passionate - I know it's cheating but could control-freak be counted as one word? 

Name 5 things that you would like to achieve this year.
My goals are pretty straightforward this year:
1. GRADUATE - Gosh darn it, has it been a long time coming, I want an income again!
2. Get to the USofA - We have a 5-week trip planned over December and January as kind of a graduation present. Unfortunately, a low income and a 20k holiday go together like chalk and cheese.
3. Exercise - Shocker right? Although, I’m not talking about joining the gym and getting ripped, I just wanted to get into some kind of regular activity, walking around the block, a dance class, anything that's not totally un-enjoyable.
4. Read books that aren't magazines or text books! I love to read so much and really want to make the time. Maybe I need an audio one for the car? But even still it would be nice to unplug from reality and from technology just for a half hour a day. (Also I have this dream that one day I’ll have a floor to ceiling book case full to the brim, and all with books I have actually read).
5. Take more photos – I’m already an instagram addict. But I mean photos other than of my food or my outfit. Photos that really do become beautiful memories.


Okay, just for fun... What song currently sums up your life right now?
Life Happens by Leah and Brandon. It's beautiful and the song makes so many wonderful points about how sh*t happens whether you like it or not. So just get on with it and do the things you want to do.

What TV show are you digging at the moment?
I'm such a TV (online) junkie. I could never pick just one. Probably Teen Wolf and the Originals. I’m a Vampire Diaries addict but I think The Originals is even better! Or maybe it's just because I’m totally in love with Klaus.

Tonight is your last meal. Just kidding! But for the sake of the question, what would you want to eat as your last meal?
Probably guacamole, I’m just obsessed with avocado at the moment, either that or something with Feta. And seeing as it's a meal there is dessert too right?! So of course anything chocolate will do just fine.



















Let's say, hypothetically, that you could travel to anywhere in the world. Where would you go, and why? 
There is absolutely no one answer for that except EVERYWHERE. I don’t like being stationary for too long and I love a good adventure. It’s literally like going to a whole new world when you go somewhere new. Different cultures and ways of life totally change you’re perspective. I think we get so caught up in our own lives that we forget how much else there really is out there.

Looking waaay into the future, where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
Married, well travelled, my nursing career should be on track and 10 years from now should be about the time for some baby making. Also rich and famous would be terrific BUT I’ll keep that as plan B for now.

How did you and Kate meet?
She is my wonderful fiancés, beautiful cousin. And it 24 months will be family x

Although J A C K I E and I aren't super close, I can't wait for her to become an "official" part of our family! Thank you for sharing a little about yourself with us!

You can find her on instagram / pinterest 

No comments:

Post a Comment