Wednesday 18 June 2014

#100dayslookingdown Photo Challenge


So. I've decided to start a photo challenge. Usually I shy away from them because there is too much commitment and I figure I might as well quit while I'm ahead. This time it's going to be different (basically because I made it up myself.) There are no guidelines. I think that's what usually stuffs me up. Challenges generally include a topic or idea of what you should be photographing everyday. Sometimes it's not a particularly inspiring subject and taking the photo ends up being a drag.

Of course, there needs to be SOME direction. It's called a challenge after all. Otherwise it would just be a normal day in the life of Kate. Basically, the description is in the name. It's a 100 day challenge which means you have to take a photo a day for a hundred days. Naturally, there is a twist (or two.) The first one is that all photos must be taken as "birds eye view." This means that the camera should be above the subject, "looking down." Doesn't sound too hard does it? 
































The second twist might make life a little bit harder. You can't have two or more of the same elements in a photo more than once. What do I mean by that? Well. This is basically to stop us all from taking 100 photos of our feet. For example. You can take a photo of you in your sneakers on the grass. You can take a photo of you in your favourite jeans. But you can't take a photo with the same sneakers and grass again. You can take a photo of your jeans again, but not with the same shoes or the same background. Make sense? 

Other than that, I don't think it's going to be too hard. Most of the time I take a photo a day anyway, this will just push me a little bit more in terms of being creative. It's great because you have guidelines for the type of shot to take, but what's in it is completely up to you (as long as you're mixing it up a bit.)

There's no time frame so you can really start whenever you want. I think I'll probably start on Friday (so over all these challenges starting on Monday. What makes Monday so special?!) If you want to follow along or even join in, use the hashtag #100dayslookingdown on Instagram so we can all see what you're up to!  I will be posting an update on here every now and then and if you have a blog, feel free to do the same. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the photos come together. Hopefully this challenge is a successful one. I'm feeling positive though. Ready when you are.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in. I might post a little collection of 10 photos every 10 days. Now, to find something worth snapping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I'm thinking the same thing (10 photos / 10 days.) Yeah, it's not going to be the easiest but I'm sure we'll manage.

      Delete