Thursday 17 July 2014

GIFT WRAPPED // EARTH & FLORAL TOPPER

Alright, let's get this started. You can see the "rules" here, but basically I asked 5 of my creative friends to come up with an easy and effective way to wrap gifts. Laura got creative and used outdoor elements for her gift wrap idea! 
 
W H A T  Y O U  N E E D :
- 2 x coloured paper, one brown and one pink.
- Sewing machine thread in pink
- Scissors
- Tape

T H E  E X T R A S :
1 x fake flower - this could be real, or another type of topper)
1 x stick (from outside) 

First things first is to get the stick down to the correct size that you want, I wanted mine to be contained in the length of the wrapped present, so I popped the stick on top of the present and guestimated how much to break off. I did this with my hands to keep the earthy feel, but you could trim it with secateurs or a good pair of scissors.

Start wrapping your thread around the stick. This bit is a bit tedious if you are wanting to perfectly wrap your stick in thread, or have certain parts wrapped. I went for a ‘rustic’ or more lazy approach and just did what felt and looked right. I definitely think it looks better when the thread is up and down rather than on an angle - but each to their own. When you’d achieved your desired look on the stick, double knot the thread and cut to trim, to ensure the ribbon stays put.

Using the second coloured paper I made a makeshift ribbon for the box. I cut a 1.5 inch thick strip and folded each end in to create a thinner straight ribbon from the paper. I simply taped the ends to the bottom of the present.

Place the stick and flower on top of the paper ribbon to find out how you might want the end result to look. Get creative! 

Eddie decide he wanted to get creative with me ;)




Grab some more thread and overlay it in your hand so you get a few strings of it. Put it under through the paper ribbon and tie over the stick and flower to secure into place.

And you're done! Thank you for sharing your idea with us Laura! I think it's so great. And awesome because you could change up the topper and colours to suit anyone. 


you can see the other great ideas here

No comments:

Post a Comment