Sunday 13 July 2014

GIFT WRAPPED x 6

A little while ago, I was thinking about what aspects of my life could do with a bit of a creative spruce up. Being a graphic designer gives me a bit of extra creativity I suppose, but I find that I don't always make the most of it. However, not having a lot of money is definitely a good motivator to get me thinking outside of the square.



One thing that I am pretty lazy about is gift wrapping. I know it seems like a pretty silly thing to worry about, but I feel like half of the fun of receiving a present is seeing it first. Seeing that lovely wrapping paper with the matching bow. I'm not saying you have to go all out! But I do appreciate a nicely wrapped present. When Rob and I have been in a rush, we've bought a cheap $2 gift bag and a $5 card and shoved the gift inside. This is going to change. I'm going to do my own gift wrap. And I'm going to love it! 

I thought about doing a little "round up" of my own ideas, to help me (and you of course) create some easy and cheap "looks" for gifts but I had a better idea! Instead of me coming up with ideas, I figured if I got 5 of my creatives to come up with some ideas, we'll have a lot more variety and something to suit everyone!

I was going to give them free reign, but that seemed a little bit too easy (and we all know how much I love my challenges.) I've given them a list of materials that each of them are able to use. This way you'll will hopefully have whatever they use at home, and if not, you should!

















And here is the fun part. Each of my friends can pick 2 other materials that they want to use. It can be anything! I thought about everyone having to use the same stuff but I think half the fun is finding random things around the house that you can use.

I'm really excited to show you all what they came up with. I'm so lucky to have such creative friends. I'm planning on sharing them all over this week, so tomorrow, we'll be starting with Eva! She got fancy with a kumara, it's definitely a technique that I plan on trying myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment